Monday, October 09, 2006

Scottie's Right--There Be Whales

Boy oh boy oh boy, did we ever have a weekend! Friday Grandpa S came and got me and Mommy and Ashlee and we went to San Antonio where we met Grandma S and Brittney and then Saturday Daddy and Aunt Bre and Uncle Matthew joined us and we all got into our cars and went to this place called Sea World. Evan, Matthew and Peyton--you got to drag your parents down here cuz you will never believe it! It was so much fun. As a matter of fact, I can't even write about everything in one day so this will get broken up into two posts.

After we walked and walked and walked we got to a place called the front gate. We got to go right in because we already had our tickets and what do we see but this place where they keep these horses called Clydesdales. Now I've seen horses before, but these are the biggest horses I ever saw, but I guess that is to be expected since this is Texas. They had an area where kids could really go in and stand by one and touch it. Grandpa had them take our picture and he has it at his house and I am really, really petting that big horse.

The we walked some more and came to this really, really big play area where they had this big ship. You can see it behind Mommy and Daddy. I think Daddy got camera shy. Anyway, Mommy and I decided to climb the ropes Wow--it was was scarey and fun. The holes were a little big for me, but Mommy helped me out.

Next I got to play in the sand. Now this wasn't an ordinary sand pile--it was HUGE. And you know what was the best part? They had these great trucks that you got to throw sand right out of--I think they called them dump trucks. Wow! I wonder if Santa knows how much fun those are. Anyway, this sand pile was as big as most of my back yard.

After that we went to see a show called Believe! with someone named Shamu and his friends. I had NO idea that Shamu was a whale. Do you know how big these guys are? We got to sit about six rows up and guess what--there was a glassed in wall that held the water in the tank and you could even see when they were under the water. I was totally transfixed. . .that means I just stared and stared and stared and could not believe what my eyes were seeing. There were some really lucky people who got to swim and dive and play with the whales. What a great job! Grandma said that she could see the wheels turning in my head and I was thinking maybe I could play with whales when I grow up. Anyway, that's all for today. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow, but really, my New Jersey cousins, you gotta come see this!

No comments: