Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

I love celebrations, and we just had one of the biggest celebrations I've ever seen. It's been going on for days, but last night and today were amazing. You've seen that I've been in programs at church and at school and we had parties to get it all started. Then came Christmas Eve. Daddy started cooking about noon and everyone started arriving around four and we ate and ate and ate. Daddy fixed pork roast and sausage and duck and garlic shrimp and saurkraut. Aunt Breana brought asparagus and a gluten free, casein free sweet potato pie. Yummy! The we got to open a present each. Daddy got me a Santa Mr. Potato Head and is he ever fun to play with! Grandma got me measuring cups like I play with at her house and emptied hair stuff into them and was pouring it back and forth today. And then Aunt Breana and Uncle Matthew had us open their presents because they had to go somehwere else today. I really have been getting into presents this year!





This morning Mommy and Daddy and my sisters woke up. They talked about opening more presents, but I said no, that I really wanted to eat before I did anything else, so I ate my breakfast. Then we opened stuff, and Mommy said she would get some pictures up soon about that.

After we got all done and everything was cleaned up, we came to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a turkey dinner and a few more presents. I think my favorite two today at Grandpa's are a new dolly named Sarah who came with a backpack and clothes and a blanket. She is so much fun to play with. I also got a unicorn that I can comb her mane and put pretty barrettes onto. My sisters got Raggedy Ann dolls and I wanted one of those too so that Sarah could hold her hand.

Mommy and Daddy and my sisters left a little while ago. I get to be a big girl and spend the night. The cousins are here and we have so much fun.

We sang to Baby Jesus lots today, since we're celebrating His birthday today. I love to sing:

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday Dear Jesus
Happy Birthday to you.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: