Well, it's December, the time of year when thoughts turn to the holidays. Boy, did they ever turn to the holidays today! I got up at 6 a.m., had breakfast, and traveled from home to Grandpa's house so we could go to a celebration at his work. They just told me it was going to be a party, so I practiced singing "Happy Birthday" in the car, but when I got there it wasn't a birthday party at all. Don't worry, though, since Mommy's birthday is soon I'll get to sing then, and of course we'll be celebrating Jesus' birth pretty soon, but that isn't really part of today's story.We drove up to this big building and I found out it was a school, but it wasn't like the school I go to because there wasn't a classroom. All it had was a realy, really big room with long tables and benches and all sorts of things we could do. I started out at the letter writing table. They
had this neat stationery that let us write to Santa and tell him what we wanted for Christmas. Grandma asked me what I wanted and I said books! She asked if there was anything else and I said a dolly. The second thing I wanted to do was to get my face painted. Just as she was touching my face, she said, "Oh, this may be a little cold." She was right. I picked design #10 which was some pretty Christmas ornaments.
Next we stood in line and stood in line and stood in line to meet Mr. and Mrs. Claus. I even got to play the bean bag toss when I was waiting when
we passed that part of the room. As you can see, they were very nice to me and I really liked them. Now I'd already written a letter to him, but he must not have read it because he asked me what I wanted again. I talked so quietly no one else could hear, so I guess Santa will just have to bring what I said.
They had a coloring contest, and if you were 3 and under you got to color a tree. I decided I didn't want just a boring old tree--I wanted a colorful Christmas tree so I used about 8 different crayon colors and then 3 more marker colors to perfect the picture. Of course I signed it with a V to let the world know I did it.
We had a snack and then went outside. Wow! My eyes about popped out of my head. They had two jump houses and a train to ride. Now I have to tell you I am a jump house champion! My Grandpa was so proud of me and he told Grandma they better get me in gymnastics or something like that quick because I bounced like a champ on a trampoline. Hmmm,
wasn't there a sport in the last Olympics that was something like that? I'll have to ask Mommy and Daddy since they are Olympics fanatics.
wasn't there a sport in the last Olympics that was something like that? I'll have to ask Mommy and Daddy since they are Olympics fanatics.Last of all I rode the train with my cousin Brit. I was so much fun! He took us in circles and went around curves and we circled the building. It was a blast! And that's only the first part of my day! More to come later.
No comments:
Post a Comment