Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weekend with the Grandparents

I am officially a big girl now. I got to spend a whole weekend with my Grandpa and Grandma S, and of course Brittney, Ashlee and Mort. It was actually Mort who convinced me. Grandma asked if I wanted to go visit Mort and I grabbed her hand and headed out the door. Of course I dressed for the trip--notice the coordinating pink shirt, skort, shoes and of course the hat. You just can't travel in this summer heat without your hat! Think I could earn some extra cash as a model? Guess I'd have to quit chewing my fingernails, though. Daddy, maybe it's time to trim them.


I got the nicest surprise when it came to bedtime. My old friends were waiting for me. As you can see, I'm snuggling up to them in my sleep--my bumpers. I had fun pointing to things like bunnies and bears and flowers and blocks and smiling because I remember seeing them when I was too little to know what they were. It was awfully nice to snuggle up to those bumpers at night, too. Grandpa laid down beside me and began snoring. I could just reach underneath and poke him to stop, just like Grandma does! Anyway, I got to nap and sleep the night away right between Grandma & Grandpa. The first morning I woke up around 7:30, pulled myself up to see who was on the other side of the bumpers, saw Grandpa and said, "Grandpa" (or my version of it), then looked over and saw Grandma on the other side and said "Grandma" and then smiled again and said, "Night, night." Then I immediately laid down and went to sleep for another three hours. That Temperpedic is some bed!

They even feed you at Grandpa's house, too. I'm so big I can crawl onto my seat all by myself. Here I am waiting for someone to see me and fix something to fill this plate. Of course, it made a great hat while I was waiting. In case you don't know it, I really, really like hats!
While staying with Grandma and Grandpa was nice, I must admit I was glad to get home and see Mommy and Daddy. But now I know when I get bored with them, I have somewhere else I can go with things to do, people to play with, and of course Mort to pet. I can throw his ball for him now and he loves to play fetch.
More later. . .





No comments: