
Grandma S and Mommy took me for a car ride the other day, and guess where we went--a place called a beauty salon. Now folks, I'm already beautiful, but right now I have this black eye (a story Mommy and Daddy can tell), so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. Anyway, Grandma sat in this chair and got her hair cut and then Mommy sat in the chair and got her hair cut. I thought we'd leave then, but no, it was time for my very first haircut. Look over on the left and see the "Before Haircut" version of my hair. It was a little scraggly in the back, I will admit.
First of all, the lady got this squirter bottle that, under other circumstances, might be
a fun thing to explore. Mommy said it was just water, but they sprayed my hair. Let me tell you, it was cold. They tried to make it up by giving me a sucker, but I'm not one and although I held on to it for dear life, I am ambidexterous, after all, and can move it from one fist to another to defend my hair's honor. I digress. Next they brought out these scissors that are really, really cold. . .especially on a wet head and neck. I decided it wasn't something I really wanted to do, but Mommy held my hands and the back got done.BTW, if you want to see the remains of my black cheek and eye, click on the second picture so it gets bigger.

I got a little smarter with the sides, so the finished product isn't quite as cute as the back, but needless to say I survived my first haircut. You can see how stylish the back looks now.
Mommy told the nice lady that she'd be back in a month or two, but I don't have to get another haircut until my birthday--wait a minute. Birthday? I already had one of those, didn't I? I remember a cake and presents and. . .oh, I guess I can have another.
No comments:
Post a Comment