Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swimming Lessons







I started my second set of swimming lessons this week. I'm getting to be an old hat at it now, and I LOVE it when the time comes to go to the pool.


We do lots of different things in swimming lessons. First we usually just get in the pool and sit on the steps until our teacher begins. We're supposed to pay close attention, but sometimes it is so hard because there is so much happening at the pool.

We do go out on a paddle board. I picked the one with the princesses, of course. I hold on and kick, or maybe kick if I remember to kick when it is my turn. We also dive under for these blue rings. I mean you're supposed to put your head all the way down while you get it and get all of your head and your hair and your eyes wet. That's been a challenge, but yesterday I met it in full force. I put ALL of my head under the water and I even pulled up the ring the last time. I did it!




My favorite part, though, is at the end of the lessons. Guess what I get to do then? Yes, you guessed it. I get to be a tree and go timber into the water. I approach this with great gusto! I LOVE to jump into the water.

No comments: