Wednesday, December 09, 2009

These December Weekends

I had absolutely NO idea that December was going to be such a busy month. I knew, of course, that we would do the fun Christmas stuff when school was out, but my calendar looks really, really full. Let me tell you about last weekend. It started when Grandpa met us for dinner at a Greek restaurant and took me back to his house. He and I got out this big box and lo and behold, it was a Christmas tree. We put it up and got the lights on. Grandma and the girls arrived after I went to sleep, but the next morning Grandma got out these two huge red and green plastic boxes and we decorated and decorated and decorated that tree. Do you know who is on the tree? Why Mommy and Aunt Bre are there in their Brownie outfits, and there's even an ornament with me as a baby! Grandma let me put on the very first ornament her Grandma gave her and I'm touching a red on that my great, great Grandma actually made from beads. We put all of the unbreakable ones at Elizabeth and Kathryn height and kept the really breakable ones in boxes. The cousins and I had so much fun!

Next came the party for Grandpa's work. I went to it last year and the stuff I really wanted to do was outside. No, we didn't get put in jail, silly, we're riding on a train and they have the cage to keep us safe! The train's driving has a big white beard. Do you suppose. . .no, couldn't be. The train ride was longer this year than last, and it was so much fun.

Next we went to do the equestrian thing. Oh, you want a translation? I got to ride a horse and her name is Star. Can you guess why she is called that? I guess there isn't really a clue that you can see, but it's on her forehead. I held on real tight and didn't need anyone going with me when they led us around the circle. I have a big smile on my face, as you can see. After that I wanted to play and play and play in the jumphouse. Those things sure are fun. I wish we had one at our house, and I bet Mommy does too as I burn up a lot of energy playing there.

That wasn't even all! We got haircuts that day and then we went out to eat Chinese food all together. There sure were a lot of people there. I was really, really good at the restaurant because Grandma said I could have gin doil (probably not spelled right) for dessert if I behaved, so I did. We were celebrating Mommy's birthday, only it wasn't really the right day so she gets more than one celebration I bet. I wonder what next Saturday will bring.

No comments: