Whew, this Christmas stuff sure is fun, but it leaves a girl tired, too! It all started on the 24th when Daddy started cooking and cooking and cooking. I didn't know it, but Grandma S was doing the same thing at her house. When I was down for my early (not the long winter's one) nap, everyone came to our house and we ate and ate and ate. Those crab cakes and pigs in blanket and the crab legs and all the other stuff were really, really good.Next we changed clothes and went off to church. As you can see, I'm adorable in the pretty dress Grandpa M got me. The bow was particularly inviting and I just had to taste it to see if it was as good as it looked. In church we sang these thing called Christmas carols. It was really crowded and I decided I needed a break and figured Mom and Dad could as well, so they had to do a major diaper change that had all the other parents in the nursery really smiling, or was it laughing, at them. Anyway, we made it back to the sanctuary for the candle lighting. Wow, was that really something. Can you imagine a church full of people with candles singing Silent Night? It was awesome.
After church we went back to our house and opened our Christmas crackers--no, not the kind you eat. These are paper pieces you pull apart and they have noisemakers and tissue paper crowns inside. That was sure fun! I even wore my crown and pulled off other people's to play with. Next we opened one gift each. I sort of got lucky because my rocking chair couldn't be wrapped, so I got two. Get a load of the chair, folks. Grandma S said she had to get it for both Daddy and me--Hook Em Horns! Anyway, I really like to climb in and out of it. I even like to sit in it in front of the TV when it isn't on so I can see myself and smile a lot in the screen. I'm on TV then! After playing for a while, we all decided we'd best go to sleep so the jolly old elf could visit. I got my jammies on and went down for the long winter's nap. More later on the big day itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment