Daddy had a birthday about a week ago. We went to eat at his favorite restaurant in the Austin area. It has a really funny name--The Salt Lick. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a salt lick a big block of salt you put out for cows? Hmmm--does that mean we only got to eat salt? Not what you'd call a healthy diet, for sure!Anyway, we had to wait and wait and wait to get a table. It was cold outside, too. Aunt Bre and Uncle Matthew were there and so were Grandma & Grandpa S. Marta joined us later. Most people ordered the family style meal which meant they just kept bringing the food. Mommy got a turkey sandwich and she was nice enough to share with me. They got dessert, but I didn't get any of it, much to my chagrin.
Afterwards we all went outside and it was dark. Since it was my first trip ever to the Salt Lick, we got our picture taken out by the sign. Daddy said we should celebrate my birthday there and that way we wouldn't have to wait another year to go back. The turkey was good, but we'll see. I have a little time left to make up my mind where I want to go for my birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment